Why should I register a company in Hong Kong?
Located in the heart of Asia, Hong Kong is one of the lucrative places to open a company, with low barriers to entry including low taxes and no restrictions for foreigners. For companies without operations in Hong Kong, the corporate tax is exempt, while for companies with operations in Hong Kong, the tax rate is amongst Asia’s lowest at 16.5%. There are also no capital gains tax, withholding dividends tax, or GST/VAT in Hong Kong. Moreover, Hong Kong provides a gateway into Mainland China while maintaining a separate tax and legal system, making it a top choice for foreign investments and international businesses.
What do I need to register a company in Hong Kong?
To register a business in Hong Kong, you need the following: proposed company name, companies ordinance, particulars of your directors and shareholders (minimum of 1 individual director and 1 shareholder), one designated representative, and one company secretary. You also must provide a physical local Hong Kong address (cannot be a PO Box).
How can Get Started help with company registration in Hong Kong?
Get Started handles every step of the process so you can register your company in Hong Kong 100% risk-free & with ease. Register your new business in just 12 hours with our 4 simple steps:
- Choose your package that fits your business needs.
- Fill out the application form & choose your proposed company name. We will check to see if the name chosen for your business is available.
- Proceed to checkout. We will contact you via phone & email to confirm details.
- Once the company is registered with the Companies Registry and Inland Revenue Department in Hong Kong, we will send you the certificates for record.
Visit Company Formation Package Plans for more pricing and more details of the registration & incorporation process.
What official documents do I need to register a company in Hong Kong?
You’ll need your proposed company name and identification documents of the company’s directors and shareholders, including passport and proof of address.
What will I receive after company formation?
Once the company is registered, you will receive hard and soft copies of the following documents:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Business Registration Certificate
- Incorporation form NNC1
- Articles of Association