skip to Main Content

Get Started HK is featured in ENTREPRENEUR

Get Started HK is featured in Entrepreneur

We’re recently honored to be featured in ENTREPRENEUR. We appreciate the recognition. This article mentioned 5 points which business owners shall always keep in mind for company registration in Hong Kong. If you want to know more about this topic, you can have a look at our interview. It is a 5 minutes read and below is a preview of the article.


Whether you’re trying to gain access to international markets, have a product or service that is more appealing to a foreign  than domestic customers or simply want to take advantage of a new -friendly environment, there are many reasons for starting a business overseas.

While such opportunities can be extremely lucrative, they don’t come without their fair share of challenges. By being aware of the potential pitfalls that come with , you can get your own company started on the right track……


Company Registration


For better understanding, our team has prepared three more examples below which illustrate the regulations in Hong Kong.

Company Secretary 

Company secretary is a mandatory item when you register a company in Hong Kong. This is a requirement under Section 474 of the Hong Kong Companies Ordinance. Company secretary is not an administrative role. It is a role to help a company to comply with the Companies Ordinance. In fact, this service could only be provided by a valid TCSP licensee and customers can appoint government approved licensee – Get Started HK – to be your company secretary.

The first company secretary appointment has to be set out under the incorporation form NNC1, and subsequent appointments can be made by the director. Our company secretary service is only US$140 a year. The appointment process can be as fast as 3 business days. If you are interested in using our service, you can contact our HK company registration expert at

Registered Address

A Hong Kong registered address is another compulsory item for setting up a company in Hong Kong. The address shall be a commercial address. Whenever you change your office address, you must notify the Companies Registry within 15 days. Failure to do so is an offence in which the company and the company’s director can both be liable for a penalty.

In normal circumstances, a company shall receive a total of 4 letters from the HK Government for each financial year. One letter is from the Statistics Department and the other three letters are from the Inland Revenue Department. For sure there is a deadline for each letter and you must reply on time.

Customers shall also note that a good address is vital to your company’s image. The best address is in Central and you can understand more about Hong Kong districts from this link. If you choose our virtual address, your address will be shown as “World Trust Tower, 50 Stanley Street, Central, Hong Kong”. Our fee is only US$140 a year.

Significant Controller Register

Starting from March 2018, every HK company are required to prepare and maintain a document called the “Significant Controller Register”. This document shall list out information of all the ultimate beneficial owners. However, there is no need to worry. This document is not opened for public inspection and only law enforcement officers can have access to it upon request. Should you require assistance in preparing this Register, feel free to contact our Hong Kong company registration team for details.

Learning the regulations can help you take all the needed preparatory steps for establishing an offshore company. However, it is usually too time consuming. You can simply appoint an experienced agent and opt for a 1 year full package. This can probably save you time and hassle. Let us handle all the complicated paperwork and you can focus on developing your offshore business.

Disclaimer: This article is intended for reference only. The above information is provided to you on an “AS IS” basis without any express or implied warranty of any kind and is provided for a general, indicative purpose only. If you are interested open a company in Hong Kong, you should consult GSHK at